I’ve had my car back for a little over a week and I’ve been able to do some empirical testing. Hardcore scientific-level stuff. As I had mentioned, it felt like the car was faster than before but now I’ve officially confirmed it. It’s nice to be right. Also… Whoa. Momma.
Below I’ve put two runs side by side. This left shows the car in its previous iteration (stage 3) tuned for 91 octane. The right shows the car in its current iteration (stage 4) also running a 91 octane tune (w/ methanol). Watching the video shows how dramatically the top end tapers off with the old set up. I really wish I had made videos from every stage of the car’s development, starting when it was stock. But hey! At least I have something:
Fun fact: The current setup is faster than the previous setup using race ga$ (I used the “$” because it’s like liquid gold). You could almost make the argument that a stage 4 build is more cost effective since you only need a couple gallons of methanol for a three tanks of 91 octane gas gas (driving normally). Of course taking into account the cost of the stage 4 upgrades you’d just be lying to yourself… and everyone. You’d just be a big stage 4 liar. And it’s a moot point since I’m about to use race gas.
Quirks thus far are really minimal. Under certain circumstances the car sputters a bit when it starts (allegedly this has to do with residual moisture present in the intake manifold). I’ve also seen some slight idle stumbles but I’ve seen that even before this latest upgrade. All in all I’m feeling pretty confident that this setup is bulletproof enough that I’m willing to pop in the race gas for a couple of days. I should have some updates next week.